Friday, January 24, 2014

52 Ancestors Challenge

Amy Johnson Crow has joined with Ancestry.com to issue a challenge - pick one ancestor each week and write about them. Focus your attention on one challenge rather than putz around researching whoever has the most Ancestry hints.

Sounds like a plan!
Aside from my dogged pursuit of the Missing Man (more later), this idea makes me dig deep into one person at a time, reviewing evidence collected to date, evaluating tenuous links, and following up on leads that may have been forgotten.

So here's the plan.
Start with
1. The Missing Man - Francis McCloskey, b 1840 Ireland, no death records found.
2. Katherine 'Bunny' Dougherty - Philadelphia - can I trace her forward? How about back to Ireland?
3. Frank McCloskey b 1896 - can I trace him forward? Find my first cousins?
4. The Missing Man again - search for his origins in Ireland.

Then pick others as they occur to me - that is, they bring themselves to my attention. Attention must be paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment